Maximize Demosphere - January 2012
The January edition of Maximize Demosphere focused on Transitioning from an In-Person (Offline) Registration Process to Online Registration and is featured below. Click to download a copy of the slides in PDF format. The slides are available to view as well with no narration.
During the session, we discussed best practices surrounding a transition from In-Person (offline) Registration to an Online Registration process. We discussed the basics, providing a comfortable process, and finally removing the paper entirely (if possible).
- Basics: Regarding basics, an organization first must have an Online Registration System already in place. Do not attempt to start the transition without some proper due diligence or without the system already set up completely.
- Timeline: Establishing timelines are important so you know exactly what to expect and at what time. Two timelines are needed - a realistic timeline for implementation of the actual system and a transition timeline for getting your users comfortable with your new method of registration.
- Process: The process for your users must be comfortable. Explain why you're making the transition. Advertise in advance - let them know when the new system will be available. Over time, reduce the number of in-person sessions you offer.
- Future Seasons: Make fewer mentions to your in-person process. During those instances, have a computer handy so users can register online ...even if they show up in person.
- Track Metrics: Track how many users register online versus offline. Track how many pay by credit card versus paying by mailing a check. Work to improve season after season!
Feel free to watch the recording of the session and/or download the slides. We hope you can join us for a future session!